Do you have exemplary and creative project ideas?
Here are a few examples of the type of classroom activities we are looking for. BE CREATIVE ! What do YOU think will help your students learn? Don’t limit yourself to these examples.
- Students create an interactive book including pictures they take about careers in this subject area
- Students use a 3-D printer to create an item to raise funds for school dance
- Students develop a study guide of 3-D glasses / videos supporting content
- Teachers share instructional support resources across subject areas
- Teachers as a department share career readiness resources
- Teachers collaborate providing online homework support
- Teachers share an interactive ACT pre-website
- SAMR is one of several models which suggest ways to integrate technology
- Classroom video examples of tech use in Ohio
Ideas that probably would NOT be funded (Note these are not all necessarily ‘bad ideas’ - just things that will probably not work for this grant.):
- Creating videos which use copyrighted (that is almost all) music
- A project which uses ‘toilet humor’ in any way
- Using scissors to cut out 3-D models of dinosaurs
- Projects which may be fun but don’t help meet learning objectives
- Using clay to make models of atoms
- ......or other great teaching strategy ideas but which don’t require technology
Not sure if your idea is good enough to win? If it helps YOUR students learn, then SUBMIT IT ! Remember most ‘experts’ didn’t think an electric light bulb was possible - until Edison invented one.