Ohio Tech Awards
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED FOR 2019!
ITIP Ohio, as the Ohio ISTE Affiliate, is pleased to offer two award programs annually:
- Outstanding Technology-Using Teacher of the Year
- Outstanding Technology-Using Administrator of the Year
Submission Deadline: January 11th, 2019
Awards announced: January 25th, 2019
Awards Ceremony: Awardees will be recognized at the Ohio Educational Technology Conference, February 12-14, 2019
Congratulations to the 2018 winners!
Director of Technology, Hamilton City Schools
Teacher, Barberton City Schools
Eligibility and Application Information
- Nominees must be currently employed by an educational institution in Ohio (K-12, higher ed or ESC). Current employees/staff from agencies represented by the ITIP Ohio Board officers are not eligible for nomination.
- While nominations can touch on accomplishments that occur over the course of a nominee’s career, the primary focus of the nomination should be on the work and accomplishments that occurred during the current (2018-2019) and prior (2017-2018) year.
- A committee will review the applications based on the criteria outlined in the rubrics. There is a rubric for teacher award nomination AND a rubric for administrator nomination in this document.
Roles to Consider
- Classroom teacher
- Assistant principal
- Media specialist
- Technology director/coordinator
- Educational technology specialist/interventionist
- Instructional coach
- University/college professor
Once you choose the appropriate category for the nominee (teacher or administrator), please submit the following 3 items via email as a SINGLE PDF file:
- Completed nomination form
- Narrative, which is developed by responding DIRECTLY to the four (4) questions found in the appropriate rubric. Please limit the narrative to two single-spaced pages. Answer the 4 questions found in the appropriate rubric (either teacher or administrator rubric) to create the Narrative for the nomination.
- One (1) letter of recommendation from an administrator or professional peer.
***PLEASE NOTE THAT NOMINATIONS CANNOT BE CONSIDERED IF THE ABOVE REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET.***
How to Submit
All the above documents must be submitted as a SINGLE PDF file and emailed as an attachment to email@example.com with "Nomination for 2019 ITIP Ohio ISTE Award" in the subject area of the email.
- ITIP Ohio Award
- Free registration to the 2019 Ohio Educational Technology Conference (OETC)
- Recognition at award ceremony at 2019 OETC, February 12-14, 2019
- Free registration for the May 13 & 14, 2019 ITIP Ohio Summit Featuring Google for Education at Kalahari Conference Center, Sandusky, Ohio.
- One year ISTE Membership, an ISTE award certificate and an ISTE "Making IT Happen" jacket
- The winner of ITIP Ohio's award is also designated as the Ohio representative for the ISTE Making IT Happen award program.
Please take the time to nominate and recognize someone from your school or district this year!
If you have any questions, please contact ITIP Ohio at info@ITIPOhio.org